The Annual Vestry Election will be held on April 14, 2020, Easter Tuesday, as specified under the 1697 Charter.
January 12, 2020 through March 26, 2020 is the period of discernment where potential Vestry members of Trinity parish are identified and proposed both for the 2020 election slate, as well as for future years. The discernment process is as follows:
- Any eligible member of the congregation* may submit recommendations to the Parish Nominating Committee.
- All recommendations must be received in writing no later than January 26, 2020. The recommendations must be submitted with biographical information and should identify the person or persons making the recommendations. For recommendations submitted by letter, please send to the Parish Nominating Committee c/o Mike Hogan, 76 Trinity Place, New York, NY, 10006, or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggested candidates must be Episcopalian and bring specific skills or knowledge to the Parish.
- The Parish Nominating Committee will review all recommendations for vacant Vestry positions for 2020-2021. The final slate of candidates will be identified by March 29, 2020.
- During the week of March 30, 2020, a mail ballot form, accompanying biographical information, along with a pre-paid envelope will be mailed to all eligible parishioners.* The ballot and pre-paid return envelopes also will be available in St. Paul’s Chapel and Trinity Church at each service starting on March 29, 2020, until the election on April 14, 2020.
- Vestry Election Day is April 14, 2020. In-person voting will available from 4pm to 8pm in a location to be determined. Mail ballots must be received before 8pm on Tuesday, April 14. The results will be announced on Trinity’s website the next morning and at the Sunday services following the election.
* All members of the parish who are 18 years or older, have officially enrolled in the parish registry, have taken Holy Communion within the preceding year (April 2019-April 2020) and have contributed to the support of the Parish in any documented amount within the preceding year (April 2019-April 2020) are eligible to make recommendations and vote in the Vestry election. The register of eligible voters is available for inspection in the Office of the Priest-in-Charge, 76 Trinity Place, 8th Floor, and a member of the congregation may confirm that his or her name is included on the register by emailing Mike Hogan at email@example.com. Registration can also be done on election day upon application to the priest-in-charge upon proving the above-mentioned qualifications.