The Annual Vestry Election will be held on April 3, 2018, Easter Tuesday, as specified under the 1697 Charter.
December 31, 2017 through April 3, 2018 is the period of discernment where potential Vestry members of Trinity parish are identified and proposed both for the 2018 election slate, as well as for future years. The discernment process is as follows:
- Any eligible member of the congregation* may submit recommendations to the Parish Nominating Committee.
- All recommendations must be received in writing no later than January 14, 2018. The recommendations must be submitted with biographical information and should identify the person or persons making the recommendations. For recommendations submitted by letter, please send to the Parish Nominating Committee c/o Mike Hogan, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271 or by email sent to email@example.com. Suggested candidates must be Episcopalian and bring specific skills or knowledge to the Parish.
- The Parish Nominating Committee will review all recommendations for vacant Vestry positions for 2018-2019. The final slate of candidates will be identified by February 12, 2018.
- During the week of March 18, 2018, a mail ballot form, accompanying biographical information, along with a pre-paid envelope will be mailed to all eligible parishioners.* The ballot and pre-paid return envelopes also will be available in both Trinity Church and St. Paul's Chapel at each service until the election starting on March 18, 2018.
- Vestry Election Day is April 3, 2018. In-person voting will be from 4pm to 8pm in Trinity Church. Mail ballots must be received before 8pm on Tuesday, April 3. The results will be announced on the web the next morning and at the Sunday services following the election.
* All members of the parish who are 18 years or older, have officially enrolled in the parish registry, have taken Holy Communion within the preceding year (April 2017-April 2018) and have contributed to the support of the Parish in any documented amount within the preceding year (April 2017-April 2018) are eligible to make recommendations and vote in Vestry election. The register of eligible voters is available for inspection in the Office of the Rector, 120 Broadway, 38th floor, and a member of the congregation may confirm that his or her name is included on the register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can also be done on election day upon application to the Rector upon proving the above-mentioned qualifications.