Trinity's pastoral care team offers these tips for taking care of yourself during difficult times:
1. Practice gratitude rather than guilt
2. Focus on simple things: slowly sip a cup of coffee or tea, look up at the sky to notice the color and clouds, light a candle
3. Sing or hum a tune you love
4. Visit an accessible place that soothes you
5. Breathe in God’s love and peace; exhale tension and fear
6. Be aware of and limit your online or TV news access
7. Take in the beauty of art, music, poetry
8. Join in a community group or effort that shares your concerns
9. Remember the invitation of Jesus to “Come and rest a while” (Mark 6:31)
If you or a loved one is facing illness, death, or another emergency, contact pastoral care here and our Sisters of St. Margaret will pray for your needs and concerns.
Note: A version of this blog first appeared on November 1, 2017.