As New York City gradually opens, we’ve been exploring ways to safely enhance our worship services to bring you an experience that feels as liturgically rich as a pre-COVID19 Sunday or weekday. The enhancements we’re adding are in line with guidelines from New York State and city officials, and as always, our first priority is the safety of all who are participating in our worship services.
Beginning this Sunday, we’ve made several additions.
At the 11:15am Sunday service, you’ll notice:
- The pianist will be joined by a few additional singers (all socially distanced) to provide musical accompaniment
- One volunteer layperson may be on site to read the lessons
- Beginning July 12, the psalm will be sung by the musicians
At the weekday 12:05pm services, you’ll notice:
- One lay lector may be on site to read the lessons
- An accompanist and cantor will be present each day to lead hymns and provide additional music, such as a prelude and postlude
We hope these details bring you a richer worship experience and make this unusual time more settled and joyful.
The Rev. Elizabeth Blunt
Priest & Director, Congregational Life & the Arts