In October 2019, Trinity’s lease for the Parish Center will expire and the Parish Center will close. Until Trinity Commons opens on March 1, 2020, regular congregation meetings will change locations, meet less frequently, or go on hiatus. Trinity clergy and staff have held in-depth planning meetings to determine the impact on each program currently hosted at the Parish Center and have determined the following schedules.
|October 15, 2019||Parish Center closes|
|December 13, 2019||Choir Room and Vestry Room open at Trinity Church|
|December 24, 2019||First services held at reopened Trinity Church|
|December 22, 2019||Final day at 14 Vesey Street|
|January 1, 2020||Chapel of All Saints closes|
|January 2020||Nursery, 2nd floor spaces, and Greenwich lobby open to Trinity congregation|
Sunday Groups | October 15, 2019-March 1, 2020
- Nursery will be available in the Vestry Room when Trinity Church opens on Dec. 24, 2019 and will move to Trinity Commons on Jan. 2, 2020.
- Whole Community Learning will be held in St. Paul’s Chapel, 10-11am, January-February.
- Locations to be determined: Gospel, Times, Journal, and You; Foundations
- On hiatus: Breaking Bread
Weekday Groups | October 15, 2019-March 1, 2020
- New Beginnings will meet in the Parish Center on October 10; a meeting location for October 17 and 24 are to be determined; from October 31-December 12, and beginning January 9, 2020 the group will meet in Trinity Commons.
- Scripture, Reflection, and Compline Bible Study will be held in Chapel of All Saints from Oct. 15 until Dec. 31, 2019, and then in Trinity Church.
- Resource Open Hours (Wednesday afternoons) and SNAP sign-up (Friday afternoons) will be held in the 9/11 Chapel of Remembrance.
- Online: 5 Reasons to Meditate
- On hiatus: The Broad Way Bible Study; The Family Table; Married Life; Trinity Cares
Optional meeting spaces
To provide meeting times for various congregational groups and committees not listed above, St. Paul’s Chapel is being reserved for congregational use from 6-9pm on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. The dates are as follows:
- October 14, 2019
- October 28, 2019
- November 11, 2019
- November 25, 2019
- December 9, 2019
- December 23, 2019
- January 13, 2020
- January 27, 2020
- February 10, 2020
- February 24, 2020
- March 9. 2020
- March 23, 2020
Groups meeting on these dates include:
Trinity Knitters; Achieving Racial Equity; Poets Corner; Task Force Against Racism/Prison Ministry; Kianga House Project; LGBT Concerns; Environmental Justice Group; Congregational Arts Leaders; Education Standing Committee and Subcommittees; Hospitality & Community Committee.
If you have questions about these arrangements, see your staff representative, your group leader, members of the Congregational Council, or contact Lynn in the Communications & Marketing office.