As primer goes up on the roof and on the chapel walls, the chandeliers are temporarily coming down.
The chandeliers were purchased in 1802 and originally held candles. In 1856, St. Paul’s Chapel was converted to gaslight and the chandeliers were given to upstate churches. Sometime between 1913 and 1925, the chandeliers were purchased back from these churchesRead more
In mid-August 2015, the seven foot tall statue of St. Paul that had adorned St. Paul's Chapel since 1766 was removed for restoration. Later this month, St. Paul will return to the chapel. The Tribeca Trib recently wrote an article about the restorationRead more