JUSTWATER GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP
Coming together to care for God’s sustaining gift of water in all its forms
The Trinity Institute Water Justice conference is proud to be part of JustWater2017, a world-wide series of events coinciding with the United Nations’ World Water Day, March 22, 2017. Cathedrals and churches around the world will lift their voices to draw attention to our obligation to care for God’s sustaining gift of water in all its forms.
- St. Paul’s Cathedral, London, England (St. Paul’s Institute)
- St. George’s Cathedral, Cape Town, South Africa
- St. Paul’s Cathedral, Melbourne, Australia
- Trinity Church Wall Street, New York, United States (Trinity Institute)
It is intended to become a worldwide movement with churches and cathedrals around the world participating.
Aims & Objectives
- Raise consciousness of local circumstances on water-related issues.
- Nurture shared understandings, focused upon the season of Lent and World Water Day, to weave together a compelling theological vision centered on human dignity, justice, stewardship, and community.
- Provide impetus and guidance for direct action and mutual support, equipping church leaders to be active agents and advocates.
- Deliver an integrated program with business, science, liturgy, education and the arts to help raise awareness, deepen understanding and build a shared community for action.
The intention of our initiative is to create a program of events with content and resources that can be shared and adapted with cathedrals and churches around the world, working hand-in-hand with business, government and charitable organizations to accomplish more together than we can on our own.
JustWater will be a resource open to all who wish to access it. Users will adapt the program to their location depending upon interest and local relevance. Each program will operate independently, running within a similar time frame with shared logos and using #JustWater17 to increase reach and impact.