Lent Study Guide
Available online, PDF, and/or app
Trinity Institute 2017 will coincide with the second week of Lent. In order to enhance that vital season of prayer, study, and repentance, members of the Anglican Communion Environmental Network have created a Lent Study Guide. The guide is available for individuals and groups on the web, in a PDF, and as an app for smartphones and tablets in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.
The study guide PDF is available to download below:
To view the study guide in the app follow these steps:
- Dr. Andrew Leake, Anglican Diocese of Northern Argentina;
- Rachel Mash, Anglican Church of Southern Africa;
- The Right Reverend Dr. Helen-Ann Hartley, Bishop of Waikato, New Zealand;
- Michael Schut, The Episcopal Church in the United States;
- Dr. Mathew Koshy Punnackadu, Church of Southern India.
- And, writing a special meditation for Palm Sunday: The Right Reverend Ellinah Wamukoya, bishop of Swaziland and convener of the Anglican Communion Environmental Network
Lent Sermon Series
Our partners at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London will offer a preaching series on the theology of water at Evensong each Sunday in Lent. Each sermon will be posted the following week, with study questions crafted by the preachers.
- March 5: The Rev. Canon Dr. Edmund Newell, Principal, Cumberland Lodge, “The Sacramental Sea”
- March 12: The Rev. Canon John Rodwell, Honorary Canon Blackburn Cathedral
- March 19: Lorraine Kingsley, CEO, Toilet Twinning
- March 26: Barbara Ridpath, Director of St Paul’s Institute
- April 2: The Rt. Rev. James Jones, “The Tree and the Water of Life”
- April 9 (Palm Sunday): The Rt. Rev. the Lord Nicholas Holtam, Bishop of Salisbury